R.A.E.L. program is a long term recovery process.
Evidence shows that the longer the member stays in treatment the greater the chances of recovery for the client, therefore we offer a basic 90 day recovery programme only by pre-arrangement, alternatively a minimum of 6 months is our standard norm. After a 3 month period, in conjunction with the members loved ones/sponsor, we assist in obtaining the members identity document, drivers licences and bank cards where necessary. Should the member wish to stay on longer than 6 months, we assist in obtaining employment in the local community. Members stay in the sober living environment and the rules are ammended to accomodate a re-intergration process.
The R.A.E.L. program includes group and individual therapy, family education and support, and includes the following:
- Group therapy focusing on seeing a broader reality, overcoming denial, and gaining a greater acceptance of personal responsibility and hope for change;
- Individual counselling sessions are used for reviewing progress and addressing issues that may be too sensitive to be dealt with routinely in a group setting;
- Re-building of self confidence and self esteem;
- Processes to deal with the clients feelings of fear, guilt and shame;
- Life skills meetings every week with a social worker;
- 12 step celebrate recovery stepwork and question tasks;
- Techniques for handling temptation and avoiding future relapse;
- Spiritual inner healing;
- Weeky church events and daily devotions;
- Group therapy on selected topics.